9/29/10

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Wednesday, September 29th, 2010

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...the sun is shining and we are enjoying some warm weather before the cold is here to stay.

I am thinking...I wish I was able to take a nap today. We have Awanas tonight and I am going to be very tired! Praying that the Lord will give me the energy I need to get through the rest of the day!

I am thankful for...Awanas and the scriptures that my children are committing to their hearts. It is priceless!

From the learning rooms...we had to take a few sick days this week while everyone got over their colds. I am looking forward to getting back to business!

From the kitchen...made my first ever gluten free/ dairy free apple pie this week. It was so yummy. I have been too intimidated to try making them but it was really easy.

From the garden...glad I waited to pull the tomatoes off the vine (see last week's post). Hopefully this warm weather will ripen them up a bit!

I am creating...still plugging away on the afghan.

I am going...to Awanas tonight and the city on Friday, exciting!

I am reading...The Bible and On the Banks of Plum Creek (with the kids). I found a new Bible Reading Schedule that is really renewing my passion for the Word...each day you read one chapter from 4 different books of the Bible... one historical, one devotional, one prophetic, and one doctrinal. You can read more about it at Perpetual Bible Reading Schedule by Michael Lancto.

I am hoping...that the children are over being sick and we can all be healthy again!

I am hearing...the landscaper "blow out" the sprinklers - a sure sign that winter will be here sooner than we hope!

Around the house...finally got it clean again - now here's to hoping it stays that way!

One of my favorite things...leaves changing colors for the fall!

A few plans for the rest of the week: the usual ~ Awanas, school, church, and checking out a new pediatrician in the city.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


One year ago...the time is going way too fast!

To see the original Simple Woman's Daybook click the link!

No comments: